PCC Rock Creek Master Plan
2009 – Present
Lancaster Engineering has been a long-standing member of a consultant team that has provided ongoing transportation engineering services related to the design and construction of PCC bond projects. This has included two separate land-use entitlement processes with Washington County as well as involvement as a stakeholder representing PCC for a current Washington County capital project. Lancaster’s services have included data collection, analysis, and design related to:
- Deriving custom trip generation rates for the campus
- Parking supply and demand analysis, on-site circulation
- Sight distance analysis and future campus access
- Redesign of passenger loading areas as well as transit amenities to accommodate a new TriMet route as well as PCC and Columbia County transit systems
- Physical improvements to the main campus access to dovetail with future Washington County capital projects
Most recently, we’ve worked with PCC and Washington County capital projects to make essential design revisions to accommodate a separated, shared-use path along Springville Road to better accommodate people walking and biking between 185th Avenue and the PCC campus entrance. This will include a raised, marked crossing on the campus drive as well as an improved pedestrian crossing on Springville Road, including appropriate signing and a rectangular rapid-flash beacon.
Lancaster Engineering is currently PCC’s transportation lead for the Master Plan of all campuses and centers.